Do you feel that way too? Every so often I get a pocket of time with no commitments, no travel, no deadlines ~ just free time to sew for myself. This is one of those times. Nothing major on my plate for 2 whole months! So what do I want to do? Fill up that space with new projects.
I started a list of the new:
- Amy Butler Weekender Bag (so 5 years ago) but I've had the pattern forever and still want one.
- Sew Together Bag (so 2 years ago) same as above
- Fancy Fox - new baby boy due in the family around July
- Cover the vintage chairs I scored at Goodwill about a year ago
And then I thought, "Whoa, hold on sister! Maybe you should tackle some of the old." Such as:
- Loulouthi Quilt: needs backing/basting/quilting/binding (b/b/q/b)
- Twizzle: Just pieced the top this past weekend - needs borders and b/b/q/b
- Plus Quilt: Same as above
- Modern Meadow: needs borders and b/b/q/b
- Sewing Machine Mini: I made 2 for gifts, this ones for me! Finish piecing and b/b/q/b
- Bento Box: had the blocks for years - needs piecing and b/b/q/b
- Yellow/Gray Bee Quilt: ditto above
- Vintage Charm Quilt: b/b/q/b
- Pinwheel Pillows: these are samples from a retired class. Just need to assemble.
- Facing East: just started this one. A long term project for sure
- Paper Pieced Stars: Another long term one.
- Moda Building Blocks: all the large blocks are finished - on to the 6 inchers
I'm sure there's more if I dig a little deeper into the UFO bin. But keeping the list at a dozen seems somehow more manageable.
No pictures today. That would take another hour or so. Time better spent actually making. I'll post them as I finish them (or at least move them closer to the finish line.)
Instead, I'll leave you with a picture of my kids. All.Growed.Up.