Too many WIPs. Too many projects I want to start. I know. You can relate. To reconcile this, I dubbed this weekend: Big Finish Weekend. I had 4 projects in mind to finish before I allowed myself to start something new. Fortunately, rain was in the forecast, so I didn't feel like I was missing out on anything by being in the studio all weekend.
Here's how I did:
Next, Mod Bento Box Quilt:
These blocks were from this swap. The top was pieced. It needed basting, backing, quilting and binding. All complete, except for hand sewing the binding to the back. (I really love a hand stitched binding! Luckily (?) I have about 30 hours of car time coming up in the next month. Stitching binding is one of the few projects I can work on without, well, you know.)
Third was this:
These were my blocks from SewFun2 when I had my month last October. I asked for wonky houses. For as little as it is, about 36x48, it gave me the most trouble. I guess it was all that wonkiness. This quilt needed backing, basting, quilting and binding. I'm happy to report that the binding was finished earlier today, as Katie and I watched 127 Hours.
Finally, this monster:
This is a vintage sheet quilt based on this pattern from Kaffe Fassett's Simple Shapes, Spectacular Quilts. The original pattern had strange (to me) dimensions of 69x102. I decided to add 2 panels, for a total of 5, to make a king sized quilt. I had the majority of the top pieced. I had to finish the final border (64 6" squares), plus all the rest. Not a completed quilt, yet, but I did piece the batting, backing and binding. I usually prefer to spray baste, but I may pin baste this one. I'll probably just do straight line quilting, 6" apart. Since I'm doing it on my Elna, free motion just isn't going to fit. So, hopefully another finish by the end of May!
Overall, I'm really happy with my weekend. Looking at the calendar for the next 3-4 months, I'm not sure when I'll have such luxury of time. Especially when I start those new projects!